Butterfly Fry Update | 4 Months Old

The fry are growing like weeds and eating me out of house and home!  No but really, they’re looking more beautiful every day.  Most of them have lost their dark fry color, but there’s one that might possibly stay black – how cool would that be?  There are 42 fry split up between four 40 gallon tanks and one 60 gallon tank for a total of 220 gallons for the entire group.  It takes a whole lot of fresh, clean water to raise these beautiful goldfish babies!

I will be selling them in another two months or so, when they’re about six months old, so I can tell which ones I want to keep to continue breeding.  I don’t plan on keeping any more than five, so the remaining 37 will be up for sale.  There’s no waiting list or anything like that, so to be first in line to buy one (or a few) of these lovely babies, just keep a close eye on my website and social media pages for announcements.  There has already been a ton of interest, so they will go fast!  I hope you guys enjoy the video update.

Dia de los Muertos Goldfish Tank
I thought my goldfish should join in on the holiday fun! Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is
Read more.
Beginner Mistakes to Avoid | Dos and Don’ts
Do plenty of research before buying anyfish!  This will help you avoid many beginner mistakes and allow you toprovide a
Read more.
What Pet Stores Don’t Tell You About… Cycling
Now I don’t want to make it sound like all pet stores give bad information about fishkeeping, because some are
Read more.
Yujin Goldfish Gashapon Collection
Several months ago I discovered these goldfish gashapons and began collecting them!  Gashapons are Japanese capsule toys dispensed from coin
Read more.
Update on Luca, Felix, and Clover
My new ghost bristols have been getting all the attention lately, so I thought I’d take some time to do
Read more.
Callisto is Declining
Callisto came to live with me on November 10th, 2011.  From day one, she has always been a major surface-gulper.
Read more.
How To Euthanize a Fish Humanely
Euthanizing our pet fish is obviously something none of us ever want to have to do, but sometimes it’s the
Read more.
Goldfish Growth and Changes Update
Here’s the most recent update: Butterfly Telescope Growth and Changes Today Luca weighs 47 grams, is 2.75″ in body length,
Read more.
Rest in Peace Callisto
Callisto was euthanized last weekend because of her ongoing and worsening health condition.  It was a tough decision to make,
Read more.
New Culling Nets
For my first spawn of ghost bristol fry, I’ve been making do with a regular aquarium net; the dark green
Read more.

One thought on “Butterfly Fry Update | 4 Months Old

1. Ocean Truth

That would be amazing if the all black one stayed that way! I’ve always been interested in what colors and patterns may appear in a spawn, even though I know color really isn’t a factor when it comes to judging the quality of a fish. I like colors though. ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it would be cool to see a few \x26quot;oddball\x26quot; fish that have distinct color and patterns from the parents leaving you to wonder where the heck they came from. ๐Ÿ˜›

2. Jennie

Hi Sonny, right now I’m feeding them sinking pellets, frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, and gel food.

3. Jennie

Wouldn’t it be though?Color can certainly be a factor in judging the quality of the fish (especially in certain varieties like jikin or shubunkin), it’s just that conformation type factors are much more important.:)

4. kiro

Hi miss Jennie,
    I was wondering; do the goldfish that are sold as \x26quot;black and red/orange\x26quot; loose their black, like pandas do? I know goldfish are prone to colour change, but are there types that are more known to colour change than others?

5. olive power

Hi! So lately I’ve been getting into my goldfish more and wanting to take better care of themselves.I have 3 goldfish and got them about 7 months ago. I have 1 Black Moor and 2 single tailed fish also know as the \x26quot;common\x26quot; fish. I want (really bad

6. lunathegecko123

Hi Jennie I am a huge fan of your channel! I was wondering will you be able to ship the babies out of the USA for us to buy? Thanks so much!!:)

7. bun

Just curious as to how much you might be selling the babies for?
    I have been watching them grow on your youtube channel and would be very interested in buying one when its time for them to find new homes! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Cake A Minute

Hey we got lucky the other day and caught our goldfish mating! I have a few eggs I saved that i know are about to hatch! But im unclear on what I should be feeding them as they grow. What do you recommend for feeding? And do I do a tank change like I would for my other goldfish?

9. Florence Mariebelle

Hi Jennie, I want to ask you something.
    I have a lot of this tiny transparent worms in my aquarium. I was wondering what they are and I’m worried that they might be dangerous to my gold fishes so I decided to ask you

10. Bailee Jane

Hey Jennie I have a video request. I haven’t seen this topic yet so I was wondering if you could do a vid on the pros and cons of having things like snails, algae eaters, and other tank \x26quot;helpers\x26quot; in an aquarium.
    I think it would be a nice topic to cover. Plus I’ve always wanted to know a bit more about how they help or harm and you do amazing videos.
    Thanks for the consideration

11. Unknown

Thank you so much for all you do for the fish! I now own to pet-store fantails and hope to someday own some breeder fish! I have learned so much from your videos and Rocko and Pebbles thank you for helping me give them a better home!

12. james dickson

I have gone through your post, and it is fascinating and informative to read.