Fish Room Tour

I finally have the fish room I’ve always wanted! My 15’x10′ balcony is home to my 25-30 goldfish and their quickly-growing fry. My group of fish includes 6 calico butterfly telescopes, 13 red/white butterfly telescopes, 4 black butterfly telescopes, and 7 broadtail black moors.
There are four 40 gallon breeder aquariums, one 127 gallon Laguna tub, and two 100 gallon Intex wading pools.
Filtration in the fish room is accomplished with a linear piston air pump from Jehmco that powers air-driven sponge filters in each tank, along with air stones for additional aeration.
There are more fish housed inside as well in a 75 gallon aquarium filtered by a 20 gallon under-tank sump filter.

Now it’s time to get to work producing and grooming some beautiful butterfly telescope babies. Wish me luck!

Dia de los Muertos Goldfish Tank
I thought my goldfish should join in on the holiday fun! Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is
Read more.
Beginner Mistakes to Avoid | Dos and Don’ts
Do plenty of research before buying anyfish!  This will help you avoid many beginner mistakes and allow you toprovide a
Read more.
What Pet Stores Don’t Tell You About… Cycling
Now I don’t want to make it sound like all pet stores give bad information about fishkeeping, because some are
Read more.
Yujin Goldfish Gashapon Collection
Several months ago I discovered these goldfish gashapons and began collecting them!  Gashapons are Japanese capsule toys dispensed from coin
Read more.
Update on Luca, Felix, and Clover
My new ghost bristols have been getting all the attention lately, so I thought I’d take some time to do
Read more.
Callisto is Declining
Callisto came to live with me on November 10th, 2011.  From day one, she has always been a major surface-gulper.
Read more.
How To Euthanize a Fish Humanely
Euthanizing our pet fish is obviously something none of us ever want to have to do, but sometimes it’s the
Read more.
Goldfish Growth and Changes Update
Here’s the most recent update: Butterfly Telescope Growth and Changes Today Luca weighs 47 grams, is 2.75″ in body length,
Read more.
Rest in Peace Callisto
Callisto was euthanized last weekend because of her ongoing and worsening health condition.  It was a tough decision to make,
Read more.
New Culling Nets
For my first spawn of ghost bristol fry, I’ve been making do with a regular aquarium net; the dark green
Read more.

One thought on “Fish Room Tour

1. Jolene Lam

Your fish are beautiful as always! ๐Ÿ™‚ Do still do weekly water changes with all your tanks and what sponge filters do you use?

2. Jennie

Yes, I do 80-90% water changes on every tank once a week. Tanks with small, growing fry get more frequent water changes. I use Poret foam sponge filters, you can find really nice ones for sale at swisstropicals.com.

3. Jolene Lam

Thanks! I’ve been meaning to get sponge filters for a while, I just didn’t know where to get them.

4. Lucix Ribbonly

Wow! This setup is great. It’s wonderful to see all the time and effort you put into your beautiful fish. You’re amazing!

5. Luis Norato

I had a question about brown algae , I have noticed lately I been seeing some random brown spots on the glass and some of my rocks in my tank. Should I worry about it ? I keep my tank pretty clean I have two small fantail goldfish . In a ten gallon tank until I can find a good price for a 30 gallon . Do you think that’s to small or to big ? I love your videos there so helpful .

6. Luis Norato

At the moment10 gallon hang off the back filter actually switched out . It used to be a 30 gallon filter . But I needed it for my bigger goldfish in another tank . Maybe not a big enough filter and circulation and water. My nitrates and all other test are balanced . Maybe I need to get another filter that’s a little bit stronger . I didn’t have this problem before when I had the bigger filter . My fish look very healthy . Just wish I didn’t have this brown spots everywhere

7. Luis Norato

The only changes that really happened so far was the filter swap out and maybe like a month later I got this brown stuff

8. Elisa Sandle

I am so happy we can see more of your fish life! Do you think you can post more videos of just your fish swimming around with pretty music? I love those. A good idea would be to do one with the underwater camera!

9. Gingeta_Creachah

Hi Jennie, I am very exited, I have done a successful hand sponning of my girl Bernadette and my boy Chupie. they should be hatching in the next two days. This will be my first batch, so I’m not sure how they will turn out. the female is a red oranda, and the male is a black moore, so the babies might be a bit derpy! I am hoping you can lend some advice, I have done a lot of online research, but I’m still reeeeally nervous that it won’t go well. my fingers are crossed for healthy fry!

10. Gingeta_Creachah

about 130 have hatched, they are eating an extraordinary amount. 9 days old, and I can tell that many of them do have the double tail.

11. Nicky Paul

If you want to Travel like VIP then Contact Us Now to hire Five Star limousine and other Five Star cars in affordable price.Pick and drop service is available.Contact Us Now….:

12. Nicky Paul

WordPress Plugins permit simple adjustment, customization, and improvement of a WordPress blog. Rather than changing the center programming of WordPress, you can include usefulness with WordPress Plugins. Here is an essential definition:

13. Angela Astron

Thanks a lot completely for publishing this interesting article about this topic. It has definitely created me personally believe in addition to I am hoping to learn much more.

14. Jeremy Brown

I really enjoy the aesthetic of your tanks, with the bottom of the tank painted black and the plants.

15. Jessy Jessy

16. Jessy Jessy

Sometimes it is so hard to find good and useful posts out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thank you for being one of them.

17. ly heng

Hello, i am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.thank you.

18. Jessy Jessy

I am doing a report on this subject. Your article is full of really useful information. I will make sure to come back to check out your posts for my next report. Cheers!

19. Jessy Jessy

This article is something that will help me with my class assignment. It helped me to better understand another aspect of this topic. Thanks.

20. Jessy Jessy

21. James Duncan

I am writing a term paper on this topic and came across your post which was very helpful. Do you know where I can find more information about this?

22. James Duncan

In your blog I was happy to see your article, better than last time, and have made great progress, I am very pleased. I am looking forward to your article will become better and better.

23. Jessy Jessy

WOW! what a great concept art. I love how you got the guy that was originally Sonic to return!!!!!!!! you guys are doin great! keep up the good work .